Bridarth Academy of sorcery
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

jesse's Arrival

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

jesse's Arrival Empty jesse's Arrival

Post by Admin Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:46 pm

The boy was young 13 at most, his face and hands were covered in sweat, dirt, and most of all blood, some it was his, and some of it was... Well not his. He wore a worn shirt and torn (though obviously torn by accident) Brown pants, the only thing that didn't look torn was the oversized duster he had on, the six shooter he had In the inside his inside coat pocket, and the wand he had on his hip.

The boy approached the academy by the light of the moon he's not sure why he's come her. He has no money, no references, and only the magic skill he could learn himself. There was almost no chance he would be accepted, but hell he had no place else to go might as well give it a shot

Admin
Admin

https://bridarthacademy.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

jesse's Arrival Empty Re: jesse's Arrival

Post by Razgriz Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:49 am

Stefan had heard the kid approaching the school but didn't deign to look at him. Instead he snapped a flame into existence just above his index finger. He put the flame to a small piece of paper and lit it. He took a deep breathe, enjoying the calming sensation washing over him as the chemicals did their own magic. He looked up at the moon, his eyes involuntarily turning a deep shade of red because of his high.
"You ever wonder what it would be like to live up there kid? Move from one world to the next, trying to see if there's anything out there?" He shifted his gaze to the boy and shook his head. "No, probably not. You're more interested in the here and now. All of the tundra supply runners I've met have been that way. I take it from the stick at your waist your looking for a place here?"
Razgriz
Razgriz

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:03 am

Jesse freezes upon seeing the vampire his hand almost goes for his pistol but he stops himself just before he reaches it remembering where he is, and that this vampire is probably more civilized than the ones from the tundra he hails from "Reckon so" Jesse moves his hand away from his gun and takes out his wand "sorry bout the gun.,, instinct I suppose." The wand is plain and thin a good starter "jack of all trades" style wand "I'm kinda new to using it" he admits plainly "who are you?"

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Razgriz Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:31 am

"Stefan Barret, no one you'd have heard about down there. And since you went for your gun instead of your wand it shows that you're accustomed to killing vampires." He shrugs his shoulders and takes another hit."Not that I mind. We're not exactly loveable creatures." He drops the spent cig and snuffs it out with his boot heel. "You certainly have some cajones to be coming here in the middle of the night though. Especially since this place has recently become a home to another vampire and considering all the beasts these kids summon. From the looks of your shirt it looks like you may have already ran into one of the things I mentioned. And since I doubt a carriage full of gold will be riding along any time soon I'll take it that you're looking to get in for free?" There's no disdain in his voice. On the contrary he sounds curious.
Razgriz
Razgriz

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:18 am

"Was I'm the neighborhood thought I might as well try, I have no money but I have mastered a few adept level destruction spells" jess says with a nod adding without hesitation "that I am, tundra vampires are better off dead, creatures of instinct, can hardly speak, can barely think, see humans as just another food source... They absolutely need to be destroyed to the last child." His voice is calm and blunt but his eyes fill with rage and disgust, the type only brought about through severe traumatization and personal tragedy

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Razgriz Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:33 am

"Ah yes the tundra vampires. It's funny they were always a very volatile and hostile race but apparently a long long time ago they used to be called Snow Elves. Used to be so powerful that they threatened the human kingdoms. No one knows exactly what happened to them though. Now they're just like you said, they're mad dogs. Luckily not many people live out there aside from a few blokes like you." The moon reflects off of his eyes making them look like they glow in the dark. "But as I surmise, you've killed at least a few of them in your time so if there's a few more villages like you down there then I'd imagine you'll keep them in check or eliminate them."

He looks at the boy once more, this time really taking in what he's seeing. A boy barely old enough to be interested in women has marched up from the tundra by himself. He's walked a hard road, feeling that old muscle inside his chest called a heart beat again, Stefan let out a sigh and jerked his head towards the door in a "come with me" sort of way.
Razgriz
Razgriz

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:09 am

Jesse is clearly surprised by the vampire's help, and Stefan gets the feeling the boy has never been taught to hide his thoughts and feelings on matters and that few things could convince him to so much as try. Of course tundra folk are known for this type of demeanor. "They aren't hard to kill if you can get them on the other end of a decent caliber pistol, the rumors you got to hit em in the heart are just that, cause enough damage to the body and they drop like flies. The trouble is they like to move around at night, and they're, quiet, tough to handle up close to unless you know how to fight meaner, dad always said go for the throat."

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Razgriz Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:58 am

"You're dad would be a smart man then. If you have us by the throat then you've eliminated one of our weapons. However, I'd recommend sticking with your wand or your gun when it comes to fighting a vampire. There are many would be vampire hunters planted in the ground because they thought they could match our speed in close combat. You must've been fighting younger vampires to have gotten away with such light wounds. Older ones are usually much stronger than ones who've just been turned. Anyway if you're coming inside then I'm going to have to ask you to hand over your wand and any other magical materials you may have on you. Just a formality to make sure the things aren't liable to malfunction." He moved to open the door for the boy before looking back at him one last time. "Oh and kid, whatever happened in the tundra, stays in the tundra. If I find out you've been shooting or harassing vampires around here, we're going to have a serious problem."
Razgriz
Razgriz

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:29 pm

Jesse handed over his wand and points out simply "I didn't shoot or harass you, as to your statement on the vampires I've Mill being young..." he shook his head "the one that killed my dad was very old... We had just got back from hunting racoons and snakes and the like, when we found one in our house, it had already killed my mom and sister it had been waiting to kill us too. My father was quick with his pistol and went to draw it, but that damn thing moved faster than I could even see. It must have gone ten yards and broke his neck before he could so much as clear leather. After that it grabbed me by the throat said it would enjoy killing me as well.... It didn't expect I would have magic, so I blasted it with firs, and it stumbled back screaming and cursing trying to put itself out when I grabbed my dad's gun and shot it in the head... After that I tracked its layer and burned it down while its fledglings slept "

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Razgriz Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:04 pm

"Considering its coming from a vampire I'd expect this to be ironic, however you have my condolences. My kind are not ones to split hairs on who they harm whilst others find harming a human almost as horrible as harming their own child. Both of our species are capable of evil, that vampire because of what he did to your family. And you because of what you did to his. Violence only begets more violence. I hope for your sake you don't have many more moments like that because eventually you'll find yourself being the monster in the hut." He opened the door for the boy. "In any case I've spent too long here, just go inside and lay down on the couch. I'll go speak with the headmaster to see if you'll be enrolling here."
Razgriz
Razgriz

Back to top Go down

Post by Mayhjeen Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:33 pm

A little while after Stefan leaves a man walks through the hallway on the way to lunch ,he still has no idea why in the hell he's agreeing to work here. That bastard silverwand , came up to his doorbell like that. The newly hired professor Mayhjeen fumes as he makes his way to the lunch hall . God damn him ,with his nice cars and big school . He would be damned if he let himself stay here for more than a year or so . He rolls up his sleeves a bit as he passes the lobby room and notices its mostly empty ,except for a single tattered up boy....hmmn.
Mayhjeen
Mayhjeen

Location : The great frozen north of Canada !!! (read that in a Glaswegian accent )'

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:56 pm

Jesse has a seat on the couch and conjures a bit of water to wipe the dirt and blood off his hands and face, "evenin" is all he to says to the professor as he wipes his face with his sleeve

Amond sits inside his office filling out some paperwork for once, it's terribly dull. As soon as Stefan walks in he practically jumps at the escape from monotony. Throwing the discipline reports out the tower window ha says to the vampire "Ah stefan come in. what can I do for you today?"

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mayhjeen Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:03 pm

Mayhjeen nods to the child sitting jn a nearby chair "You nee here to ?" He asks with a smirk as he waits for Stefan "I suppose Stefan is getting you set up with headmaster eh ? Yea Im waiting for a full disciplinary report from him to " He explains as he crosses his arms.
Mayhjeen
Mayhjeen

Location : The great frozen north of Canada !!! (read that in a Glaswegian accent )'

Back to top Go down

Post by Razgriz Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:50 pm

"Well considering that I likely just saved you from a few hours of tedious office work, I'd say you could give me a raise. But since that will only result in more paper work I'd say if you find me another pack of those blood cigs we'd be even." He let out a short chuckle at his own joke before looking towards the door. He looks more...troubled than the headmaster had ever seen of him though that isn't a very large feat since he usually has a sarcastic tone and indifferent look all the time. "I got a kid down in the lobby asking for enrolment here. He has no money, no entourage of nobles, or much of anything besides the clothes on his back. He came equipped with his own wand though, a real one. Not like the trinkets a pedlar would be selling. Give it a look." He said as he tossed to wand over to the old man.
Razgriz
Razgriz

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:41 pm

Amond caught the wand in his left hand, spinning it.It looks plain enough but a look of surprise came over his face. The wand was flawless, it was neither ornate nor embued with any great power, but it was not a miligram heave on either end, it was light, durable, and an excellent catalyst "extraordinary, what do you think we should do about this potential student, you've met him."

Jess looks out the window as the papers float by towards the ground "I wouldn't hold your breath on that"

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mayhjeen Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:34 am

"Eh hey" Mayhjeen says glaring at the papers before he turns his gaze back to the kid "So.....who the hell are you ?" He asks as he walks over to the water machine picking up a plastic cup.
Mayhjeen
Mayhjeen

Back to top Go down

Post by Razgriz Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:55 am

"Well if it was up to me I'd say we let him in. However he's volatile and carries a heavy trauma with him. He has an immense hatred towards vampires so keeping him away from that Yumi girl would be a good idea." He eyes the headmaster for a moment trying to think of a way to word his next thought. "I think you should also take a personal interest in the boy's studies, perhaps as a mentorship so he'll get used to being around people again. "
Razgriz
Razgriz

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:04 am

"Hmmm sounds like someone else I know...." He murmurs instantly thinking of asaryien who he had taken in after his brother had died, then had been reanimated, then the village charged him with witchcraft "I have a better idea, I'll put Professor Mahyjeen on the job, he'll be able to empathize with the boy. Also if history taught us anything I'm a terrible mentor." Amond was a good guy but he knew better than to get personally attached to people, they either die or runoff pissed at him. He pops the cap on a beer "Fuck it the kids in"

"Jesse" Jesse says as he looks out the window with despite his age a well developed "I've seen some serious shit" stare "I'm trying to become a student here, who are you?"

(Sorry been on a plane all day)

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mayhjeen Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:51 am

"Soon to be professor Mayhjeen Asaryien ,although I feel like id prefer Prof." He replies casually ,he pops a pill in his mouth drinks down his plastic cup of water. He sits back down on a nearby sofa allowing himself to relax into the couch surface . His glance lazily moves over to the boy ,and while he looks rather non-chalant he is studying the boy entirely . This one had a very grim tale to tale from the look in his eye . "A pleasure to nee you Jesse , and what may your story be ?" He inquires looking at the boy .

(you don't really have to say it all over again .)
Mayhjeen
Mayhjeen

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:26 pm

"My family was killed by vamps, I killed the vamps, now I'm just drifting, and stopped in to see if this place would accept me" jess says plainly and without a ton of emotion in his voice

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mayhjeen Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:37 pm

Mayhjeen nods "Hmmm ,you know much magic ?" He asks as he crosses his arms {wait Amond threw out my papers.....does that mean he doesn't have to pay me !!!}
Mayhjeen
Mayhjeen

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:04 pm

Amond throws a block of gold which phases through the floor and hits Mahyjeen in the head "get off my back damnit!" He yells to him, half way joking.

Jess shrugs and demonstrates by creating a flame serpent to coil around his left arm but it strangely doesn't burn him "I don't have much perspective, I've never had any books or anyone to train with, is that good?"

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mayhjeen Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:54 am

Mayhjeen manages to catch the block of gold before it gives him severe brain damage and looks over to the intriguing boy . "To be honest , yes that's pretty fuckin impressive yeah...I couldn't do that at your age ,although at your age I was a kid in a poor fishing village " he says with a smirk as he nods to the kid "I don't say this much , ask Silverwand ...but you have potential "
Mayhjeen
Mayhjeen

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:19 pm

Jess nods hopefully "well that's good, I was a kid in a poor tundra village... Then you know, vampires and all that"

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mayhjeen Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:58 pm

"For me it was a giant cod not vampires ...yup ,that's my tragic back story "he says with a chuckle
Mayhjeen
Mayhjeen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum